Rent: £27,500 - £27,500
Region: County Durham
• Situated in the North East of England approximately 260 miles north of London on the Main East Coast Railway Line (2 hours 45 mins to Kings Cross) and adjacent to the A1(M).
• Administrative Centre of County Durham.
• 211,000 residents within the Durham catchment (CACI Retail Footprint 2014).
• Historically important city – Cathedral and Castle awarded UNESCO World Heritage Status in 1986.
• Durham University – one of the top 100 universities in the world. The 3rd oldest in UK after Oxbridge. 17,500 students and 3,000 staff.
• Important tourist destination. 3.8M tourists pa contributing £183M to the Durham economy annually. 600,000 visitors to the Cathedral annually.
• 18.7%of shoppers classed as being with Social Class AB.
The property occupies a prominent position on North Road adjoining Hays Travel and close to Sainsbury’s Local, Iceland, Greggs and Specsavers as indicated on the attached Goad
Extract. The new Odeon multiplex cinema opened in summer 2018 in a nearby location and the former Gates Shopping Centre which is to be rebranded as River Walk will house a number of retail, restaurant and leisure uses.
The accommodation is arranged on ground and separate first floor and offers the following approximate floor areas and dimensions:-
|Gross Frontage||21 ft||6.4m|
|Internal Width||19 ft 4”||5.9m|
|Ground Floor Sales||656 sq ft||60.94 sq m|
|First Floor Remote Store||274 sq ft||25.5 sq m|
The premises are available by way of a new effective Full Repairing and Insuring Lease for a term to be agreed incorporating five yearly upward only rent reviews at an initial rent of £27,500 per annum exclusive.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are assessed as follows:-
|Rates Payable April 2017/18||£14,520|
Interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries of the Local Rating Authority for verification of the above.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is available upon request from this office. The premises are assessed at Level C.
Each party will bear their respective legal costs incurred in connection with the transaction.
All figures are exclusive of VAT where chargeable
By prior appointment through @retail:-
DD: 0191 2804235
Mob: 07960 466211
Property type: Retail
Rateable value: £30,250
Planning use: A1
Download property details document
Get in touch with our local expert consultants to start a discussion about your requirements.
© Copyright 2020
Site delivered by Cargo Creative