Sale price: £350,000
Region: Tyne and Wear
Hebburn is part of the South Tyneside conurbation and is situated approximately 4 miles to the south east of Newcastle upon Tyne and 3 miles to the east of Gateshead Town Centre.
Mountbatten Shopping Centre is situated in the heart of Hebburn Town Centre. It sits near the junction of Station Road and Victoria Road West and benefits from excellent public transport links with multiple bus routes nearby as well as Hebburn Metro Station approximately 200m from the centre.
The shopping centre is available in two parades facing onto the pedestrianised St James Mall and St Johns Precinct. The individual retail units are set over ground and first floor. The units have servicing access to the rear. There is ample free car parking in the adjacent public car park off Station Road. Current occupiers of the shopping centre include: Greggs. Ladbrokes, Heron, Subway, Coral, Savers, Farmfoods & Boots.
Our client owns the long leasehold interest of Hebburn Shopping Centre for a period of 125 years from 30 August 1996. In addition, they own the freehold interest of 14A, B and C St Johns Precinct which is also included in the sale.
• Overall Retail spending grew 0.5% when compared to the same period last year as consumers spend more on Grocery (+4.0%), and a Discount Stores (+2.7%) (Barclays Consumer Spending Report Oct 22)
• The current market provides opportunity to reposition the asset for future growth and changes in retail habits
• Multiple local housing developments planned for Hebburn by developers including Barratt Homes, Keepmoat, and other national house builders
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE (EPC)
EPC information is available upon request.
See attached investment brochure
Rental guarantees on the void units will be provided for 12 months and therefore the total gross income will be £428,688 pa excluding VAT.
The estate has a modest service charge which runs from 1st January to 31st December. The 2022 budget was £27,900. The service charge covers costs such as security, gritting, fabric repair and maintenance, cleaning and health and safety.
Current annual non-recoverable costs on void units, which includes service charge and insurance, is £6,800.47 plus circa £18,000 of empty rates following rates mitigation.
Our client is seeking offers in excess of £3,500,000 for their long leasehold and freehold interests in the property, exclusive of VAT and subject to contract.
ASSET MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• Regear existing leases, instigate outstanding renewal or upcoming renewal negotiations on existing leases and improve the tenant mix
• Reduce the retail footprint with alternative uses/reconfiguration considered
• Public realm works to enhance the scheme
All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
Each party will be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction and any VAT in addition.
In accordance with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, two forms of identification and confirmation of the source of funding will be required from the successful purchaser.
T: 07713 151 970
or joint agents
T: 07702 528 879
T: 07768 063 109
Property type: Retail
Rateable value: £n/a
Planning use: E
Download property details document
Get in touch with our local expert consultants to start a discussion about your requirements.
© Copyright 2023
Site delivered by Cargo Creative